Geranium is identified by the botanical name Pelargonium graveolens and Rose Geranium’s specific botanical name is Pelargonium graveolens var. roseum. Despite sharing virtually all the same qualities, Rose Geranium is the type most often preferred for its scent, as it is reputed to emit the strongest, most superior notes of Rose, the floral nuance that contributes to its uplifting effect on the mood. It also has very soothing effects on the skin, and is thus used by naturalist in treating burns and other topical ailments.
How to use homemade concoctions:
- Known as one of the best aromatic oils for its most superior rosy scent. It can be used as an ideal aroma oil. Add a few drops to your oil mixed with water to your diffuser and let the natural aroma uplift your mood.
- Mix few drops of this oil with a carrier oil of your choice and use it as a natural perfume or apply topically as a natural deodorant.
- Mix Rose Geranium with carrier oil and apply it topically to manage varicose veins.
- Diluted rose geranium essential oils can be applied to skin as an astringent that tightens, brightens, and removes dead skin cells. It can also be used as a soothing and antimicrobial topical agent to help treat bacterial acne.
- Adding a few drops of the oil to the diffuser naturally deodorizes the internal air and also repels some insects.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.