One of the biggest benefits of using sandalwood oil is that it promotes mental clarity when used in aromatherapy or as a fragrance. Hence, it is commonly used during meditation, prayer, or other spiritual rituals. It is an excellent oil which can help children relax and clam their mind while studying. It has also been used for centuries as an aphrodisiac. It has many other medicinal properties like; Antiseptic, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-spasmodic, Anti-aging, etc; on account of which it is extensively used in traditional medicines and cosmetics.
How to use homemade concoctions:
- Take a drop of the pure sandalwood essential oil and put it on the forehead of your child as they prepare for their exams. It will help them to relax and concentrate on their work.
- You can use it as a bath oil to feel and smell fresh. It will also act as a disinfectant / deodorant when used as a bath oil.
- Aroma Therapy; put a few drops of the oil in a diffuser and enjoy its wonderful aroma. It will help you relax and those suffering from sleeping disorders may also benefit from its aroma.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, so one could mix a few drops with a carrier oil like coconut and use it as a massage oil, which would help you with all types of inflammation and muscle spasms.
- Sandalwood oil has also been used as an Aphrodisiac for centuries, so mixing sandalwood oil with carrier oil and massaging with it will help you in increasing your libido.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.