Since time immemorial, Myrrh oil has been used by numerous civilizations during various religious practices; like for purification rituals during funerals, and as traditional medicine to reduce inflammation, treat hair fall, treat eczema and to promote wound healing. It no wonder that almost all religious text find mention of this wonderful gift of Nature.
How to use homemade concoctions:
- Various anti-aging creams and lotion use Myrrh oil for its ability to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. So could mix Myrrh oil with a carrier oil of choice and apply topical to take advantage of its anti-aging abilities.
- Myrrh oil can be boon for people who suffer from severe dry skin, you could add a few drops of the Myrrh oil and Helichrysum essential oil with shea butter and use it as a moisturizer.
- Myrrh Oil has strong anti-microbial properties that is why it is commonly used along with Frankincense in many religious and funeral ceremonies. It is this very property which makes it a great idea to use Myrrh Oil through a diffuser for purifying the environment of your home, especially if someone is not keeping well.
- Myrrh Oil can also be mixed with a carrier oil and used for managing hair fall and treating dandruff.
- Myrrh oil makes for a great massage oil. You could add a few drops of Myrrh Oil along with Ylang Ylang to a carrier oil of choice for a relaxing massage that will not only give relief to the sore muscles but also nourish the skin.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.