Lavender essential oil is one of the most used essential oil in the world today, but the benefits of lavender are said to have been discovered over 2,500 years ago. Because of its powerful antioxidant, antimicrobial, sedative, calming and anti-depressive properties, lavender oil benefits are abounding, and it’s been used both cosmetically and therapeutically for centuries. It helps; reduce anxiety and emotional stress, heals burns wounds, restores skin complexion, slow aging and reduces inflammation.
How to use; Homemade concoctions:
- Pour a few drops of Lavender Oil to a diffuser and enjoy its sweet flowery yet earthy smell to help you relax after a hard day’s work.
- People who suffer from anxiety and depression can benefit by inhaling the aroma of lavender essential oil or through topical application.
- Lavender essential oil mixed with peppermint essential oil in a carrier oil like coconut, is a must have in every household. This wonderful concoction can be used for following;
- Every person who enters the kitchen on regular basis, gets minor burns on and off. This wonderful home remedy comes very handy when such an accident happens.
- To manage minor skin rash / irritation causing itch.
- In case of a bee sting or insect bite just put a drop of this mixture to stop itching reduce swelling.
- Putting a few drops of Lavender essential oil and Peppermint essential oil directly in a bucket full of bath water, will not only help you cool down during the summers, but will also help you feel and smell fresh.
- Mix a few drops of Lavender, Peppermint and Rosemary Essential oil along with a carrier oil like coconut and you have a wonderful massage oil ready to help recover from exhaustion.