The horsetail plant is traditionally considered as a medicinal plant with many properties for improving general health. This wonderful oil can be as a diuretic or to improve the condition of the skin / scalp and nails. Its antioxidant, antimicrobial and healing properties have been also found to be very useful in treating skin and nail infections. The High Silica content in the oil also helps to strengthen the bones.
How to use; homemade concoctions:
- The oil has amazing anti-aging properties. Mix a few drops of this wonderful oil in a carrier oil of your choice, along with few drops of Vitamin E oil. Take a few drops of the mixture on a cotton swab and apply it on your face. Rinse your face after 15-20 minutes of application.
- Mix a few drops of Horsetail plant oil, Carrot seed oil and Rosemary Oil to coconut oil for treating hair fall / dandruff and promoting hair growth and health.
- Lot of people suffer from Athlete’s foot, which doesn’t get cured easily. Add a few drops of the oil along with Tea Tree oil in half a bucket of warm water and soak your feet in it for 10-15 minutes. Regular usage of it should help manage your athletes foot condition.
- Horsetail plant oil has good amount of Silica in it, so add a few drops of this oil in a carrier oil of your choice and massage regularly to manage osteoporosis. You can add Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary and Eucalyptus Globulus oil to the mix for better results.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.