Chamomile is famous today in form of tea which help us with insomnia and inflammations. But,
its oil and herbs have been used for centuries by traditional medicine practitioners to treat a wide range of health problems ranging from; Anti- Cancer treatment, Hay fever, muscle spasms, inflammation, insomnia, ulcers, wounds, gastrointestinal disorders, hemorrhoids and various skin disorders. Chamomile though traditionally a flower that grows in Europe, comes in two varieties German Chamomile and Roman Chamomile. German Chamomile also known as “ Matricaria Recutita” is now grown in the foothills of Himalaya too.
How to use homemade concoctions:
- Chamomile aroma helps to manage anxiety and depression and also helps with insomnia. One could therefore enjoy its blissful aroma by adding a few drops of the oil to an oil diffuser.
- Mix a few drops of Chamomile, Lavender and Peppermint essential oil to a carrier oil of your choice to manage muscle spasms, back pain and joint pains.
- Mix a few drops Chamomile, Peppermint, Lavender and Helichrysum essential oils to a carrier oil of choice to treat and manage skin irritations and minor infections.
- Dilute Chamomile essential oil with coconut oil and massage the stomach area to manage menstrual cramps.
- As per the recent research report released by National Centre for Biotechnology Information, USA, German Chamomile has been found to have potential for Anti-Cancer Treatments. One could therefore, dilute the German Chamomile with a carrier oil of choice and massage the affected part of the body regularly. It would help if one would also consume Chamomile tea on regular basis.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.