Citriodora or Lemon Eucalyptus is a variety of the Eucalyptus family. It has a invigorating aroma of lemon and eucalyptus, this lemon-scented eucalyptus oil is helpful in managing mental agitation along with poor concentration. Lemon Eucalyptus oil is used in Ayurvedic treatment for asthma, cold, cough, arthritis, hypertension, shingles, migraine pain, rheumatism, wounds, inflammation, bacterial and fungal infections. It is also well known as a non-toxic insect repellent for keeping away mosquitoes, ticks and fleas.
How to use homemade concoctions:
- Considered as a good natural insect repellent, just mix a few drops of lemon eucalyptus oil and citronella oil with a base oil and apply to exposed body parts to repel mosquitos.
- The sharp lemony aroma of this oil acts as a good deodorant and a disinfectant when used as a bath oil.
- Adding a few drops of the oil to a diffuser will repel mosquitos naturally.
- Known for its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, it makes a good sense to have this oil in the first aid kit. In case of an injury add a few drops of lemon eucalyptus to water and wash your wound or burn to disinfect the same and then rush to your doctor.
- Inhaling the aroma of this oil will help in relieving congestion, as eucalyptus is a powerful decongestant. So just add two drops of the oil to steamer and do steam inhalation.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.