Cedarwood is basically a plant native to cold climates and is normally found at high altitudes. The chief components of cedarwood essential oil are alpha cedrene, beta cedrene, cedrol, widdrol, thujopsene, and a group of sesquiterpenes, which contribute a great deal to its medicinal value and health benefits. Hence the oil has been used in traditional medicines for wide range of common health concerns including skin problems, infections, stress and pain management. The oil also has Anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antifungal, tonic, astringent, diuretic, sedative, insecticidal properties.
How to use homemade concoctions:
- If you are someone who loves the forest, you will find the aroma of cedarwood essential oil very relaxing after a hard day’s work. Just put a few drops with water in your diffuser and enjoy its Aroma.
- Cedarwood oil is known to have insecticidal properties, mix around 2-3% cedarwood oil to water and create your own bugspray. It is supposed to be very effective against ants. You could also put a few drops of the oil directly to a cotton ball and put it in cupboard to use it as a moth repellent.
- Cedarwood is a wonderful disinfectant. Add some drops of oil in your mop bucket and disinfect your home daily the natural way.
- Since cedarwood also has antiseptic properties just add a few drops of the oil to water and wash the wound, before you rush to the doctor.
- In case you are someone who sweats a lot you can use this oil as a bath oil to disinfect oneself after a hard days work.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.