Carrot seed essential oil comes from the seeds of the wild carrot (Daucus Carota) plant. It is rich in potent antioxidants such as Vitamin A and Carotene, which not help in keeping the skin healthy but also helps repairing the damage caused by environmental factors. Carrot seed essential oil also helps in managing Plaque Psoriasis. This wonderful oil is also used in numerous Ayurvedic hair oils, as it treats dandruff and restores hair health and lustre.
How to use homemade concoctions:
- Mix a few drops of Carrot Seed Oil and Tea Tree oil to a carrier oil like coconut or olive oil and apply on the affected area to manage Psoriasis.
- Add a few drops Carrot Seed essential oil to coconut oil and you have a wonderful hair oil ready which will repair damaged hair, treat dandruff and add lustre. Remember to shampoo within 20 minutes of applying the Oil.
- Mixing Carrot Seed oil with a carrier oil and massaging with the same has many health benefits; its antioxidant properties will help repairing the skin damage and making the skin look younger. It also helps in slowing the progression of edema, arthritis, gout, and rheumatism.
- Carrot seed essential oil is also a great anti-aging oil, so you can mix a few drops of the oil to a carrier oil of choice and take a few drops of the mixture on cotton swab and apply to the face to mange wrinkles. Avoid eyes and mouth.
- Mixing Carrot Seed oil with a carrier oil and massaging with the same also helps in boosting both blood circulation and metabolic function. It also stimulates secretion of hormones, enzymes and gastric juices.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.