Camphor Essential Oil has been used since time immemorial for both religious and medicinal purposes, as its vapours are believed to have healing effects on the mind and body. Camphor is an excellent disinfectant, insecticide, and germicide. It also reduces the severity of nervous disorders and convulsions, epileptic attacks, nervousness, and chronic anxiety. It is also used topically to relieve pain, reduce itching and to treat fungal infections. It’s refreshing and relaxing scent is also known to stimulate and boost the libido.
How to use homemade concoctions:
- Mix a few drops of Camphor oil along with Lavender and Rosemary to a carrier oil like coconut oil and you have a great massage oil ready at home to ease your tense muscles.
- Camphor oil when used as bath oil acts as a great disinfectant which also kills lice.
- Inhaling the aroma of camphor oil will help in relieving congestion, as Camphor is a powerful decongestant. So just add two drops of camphor oil to steamer and do the steam inhalation.
- Spreading the aroma Camphor Oil through a diffuser, will help in disinfecting the air in the house and will also help you relax.
- Put a few drops of Camphor Oil and Basil Oil in your mop bucket and you have a great natural floor disinfectant.
- Mix a few drops of camphor oil with a carrier oil and massage with it to increase your libido.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.